Last Updated: March 8, 2019.
By using VORWERK’s website you signify your consent to the collection of personal information.
This Policy went into effect on the date noted at the top of this webpage. We may update this Policy from time to time. If we make material changes, we will post the updated statement on this page and change the date at the top of this statement webpage. We encourage you to look for updates and changes to this statement by checking this date when you access our websites and mobile applications. We will notify you of any modifications to this statement that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information prior to the change becoming effective by means of a message on this website.
Collection of PERSONAL Information
“Personal information” refers to information that specifically identifies you as an individual and is provided to or collected by us. As you use our websites and mobile applications, we collect information about you and the services you use. The information we collect falls into three different categories: (1) information you give us; (2) information we collect from you automatically; and (3) information we collect from other sources.
Information You Give Us
Some information we collect is provided when you use our Site. This may include, for example, your first and last name, email address, residential or mobile phone numbers, and any other information you give us. Personal information does not include business contact information. VORWERK is committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly. Personal information that you provide will be used and disclosed only for the purposes to which you have consented.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit the Site, we (independently or through service providers) may collect certain device and usage information from you. This information may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the specific web pages visited during your connection, and the domain name from which you accessed the Site. In addition, we may collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site and other clickstream data. Like many commercial websites, we may collect this information using “cookie” technology. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you access the Site and allows us to recognize you each time you visit the Site. We may also use web beacons and other similar technologies on the Site, in our emails and in our advertisements on other websites. Web beacons are tiny graphic images that are used to collect information about your Site visit, such as the pages you view and the features you use, as well as information about whether you open and/or act upon one of our emails or advertisements. We may use these technologies to collect information for a variety of purposes such as to analyze how the Site is used, personalize your experience on the Site, or improve our content or offerings. Your browser may provide tools to block or delete cookies. However, if your browser is set to reject cookies or you manually delete cookies, you may have some trouble accessing and using some of the pages and features that are currently on our Site, or that we may put on our Site in the future.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
Some information we collect is publicly available. We may collect information about you from other companies and organizations. By gathering additional information about you, we can correct inaccurate information, enhance the security of your transactions, and give you product recommendations and special offers that are more likely to interest you.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect from and about you to process your requests and otherwise operate and improve our business. For example, we may use information for any of the following purposes:
- to process your request for information regarding product availability;
- to process your request for information regarding Independent Consultant opportunities;
- to communicate with you regarding products, services or opportunities that may interest you;
- to send you personalized promotions and special offers;
- to review Site usage and operations;
- to address problems with the Site, our business or our services;
- to maintain, improve, and analyze our websites, mobile applications, ads, and the products and services we offer;
- to protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business;
- to detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud;
- maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes;
- provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls, and
- to contact you with Site updates, newsletters and other informational and promotional materials from us.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose information collected from and about any Site user in the following circumstances:
- We are Affiliated – for purposes of management and analysis, decision making, and other business purposes.
- We Work with Service Providers – to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us.
- We Work with Marketing Partners, Advertisers or Other Third-Parties – to assess, develop and provide you with promotions and special offers that may interest you, administer contests, sweepstakes and events or for other promotional purposes.
- We Respond to Legal Process – such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order, and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
- We Facilitate “Forward to Friend” Features – such as when you choose to send information to a friend through the Site.
- We Work on Business Transactions – in the event that our company is involved in a merger, acquisition, partial or total sale of assets including in bankruptcy, or other corporate change, your personal information may be shared with business entities or people involved in the negotiations or transfer.
- You Consent – We may share your personal information with THERMOMIX Independent Consultants with your affirmative agreement. For example, if you request to order products through a THERMOMIX Independent Consultant or to otherwise interact with a THERMOMIX Independent Consultant, THERMOMIX will provide your personal information with your agreement to such THERMOMIX Independent Consultant to fulfill your request. THERMOMIX Independent Consultants who receive your personal information may then use it for their own direct marketing purposes to contact you about additional offers that may interest you. If you are a THERMOMIX Independent Consultant, we may disclose limited personal information to current and potential THERMOMIX customers who are seeking the assistance of a THERMOMIX Independent Consultant, to customers who buy products through you, and to other THERMOMIX Independent Consultants. We may share information, including aggregate or de-identified information, with third-parties in our discretion, including but not limited to the types of sharing described above.
Your Choices/Privacy Rights
You may opt out of receiving certain communications from us by emailing us at email@example.com.
We maintain reasonable and appropriate measures designed to maintain the personal information we collect on this Site in a secure manner.
USE BY CHILDREN
We do not intend for our websites or online services to be used by anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about your child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEEPING INFORMATION ACCURATE
It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. With some exceptions prescribed by law, you have the right to access, verify or challenge the information we have about you and have it amended if appropriate. You can help us keep personal information up-to-date by keeping us informed of any changes, such as a change of address, telephone number or any other circumstances.
links to other sites
The website may contain links to other websites. VORWERK is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites.